Nectar Tomme – Holy Goat

CHARACTERISTICS

Holy Goat Nectar Tomme semi-hard hard brine washed cheese made over the winter months when the production of goats milk on the Sutton Grange Organic Farm is reduced. With 25% organic goats milk from their Saanen & British Alpine goat’s, the remaining 75% cows milk is from organic Shorthorn dairy cows milk from local fifth generation farmers the Mannes family. During maturation, the wheels of Nectar are washed with native brevi linens and Holy Goat flora both of which allow the cheese to develop its natural rind. The interior of the cheese is smooth and dense with complex nutty flavours that reflect the goats & cows access to pastures which include a wide variety of native grasses, herbs and shrubs.

A little history

Sutton Grange Organic Farm was set up by Ann-Marie Monda and Carla Meurs in 1999, with just 3 goats. They had previously spent many years working alongside pioneering Australian goat cheese maker, Gabrielle Kervella, in Western Australia, and artisan cheese producers in Europe. Today they have around 100 goats that they all know by name and specialise in lactic-set goat milk cheeses that are widely regarded as the best in Australia. Most of the cheeses are fresh and soft styles, and many are ripened with a special surface mould called Geotrichum candidum, which has a distinctive wrinkled texture and ivory colour. The goatherd and cheeses are certified organic by NASAA (National Association for Sustainable Agriculture Australia).

Goes well with:

Chardonnay

Similar cheeses:

Sainte-Nectaire, Jean Faup Chèvre,

Select from the drop down box below.

Cheese Details
  • Cheese Type: Semi Hard
  • Country: Australia
  • Milk Type: Cow Goat
  • Pasteurisation: Pasteurised
  • Rennet Type: Non Animal
  • Classification: Artisan

$20.45

Clear

Share

Instagram