We have two delicious boxed cheeses available in the shop which taste amazing when baked.
Frontage Des Clarines from Fromagerie Jean Perrin - $19.95
Made near the village of Clarines high in the mountains of Haute-Savoie region by the Perrin family. This crowd-pleaser is amazing baked in the oven, when the interior breaks down to a rich, sticky and creamy texture which oozes from the centre of the cheese.
Le Conquerant Camembert, selected by Will Studd - $19.75
This pasteurised Camembert is distinct with hints of cauliflower, wet straw and truffle. It has a rich fudgy texture when ripe, which is awesome when baked. Try switching the white wine for a dry cider when baking this wonderful cheese.
Simply follow the below steps for an unctuous baked cheese delight at home!
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C
- Stud the top of the cheese with slivers of garlic (boiled in water prior to slicing)
- Sprinkle fresh thyme or rosemary over the top of the cheese and add a splash of white or red wine
- Cover with foil and put in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top
- Remove the garlic slivers before serving
- Scoop out the cheese with your choice of crusty bread, fresh vegetables or cured meats from our selection from Greenvale Farm or Bundarra Berkshires